Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Why should I have chiropractic care during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, there are several physiological and endocrinological changes that occur in preparation for creating the environment for the developing baby.
The following changes during pregnancy can result in a misaligned spine or joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
When the pelvis is misaligned, it may reduce the amount of room available for the developing baby. A misaligned pelvis may also make it difficult for the baby to get into the best possible position for delivery.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy?
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor
- Relieving back/neck or joint pain
- Possible prevention of a potential cesarean delivery
Dr. Bury of Optimus Spine & Posture provides chiropractic care for pregnancy in Greensburg and surrounding areas.